Tuesday, July 20, 2010

YUM-MY


I made a peanut butter and chocolate dip this morning for the boys snack
so they could dip their fruit
It was delicious!!!!
They ate it up
And I had a finger lick or two


1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter
1/2 cup low fat cream cheese
6 tbs chocolate syrup
1/4 cup carrot puree
pinch of salt
stir together for a special treat


I got this cookbook a couple of years ago and love it

I generally make vegetables every night
Usually just some frozen ones or a steamer bag
And I do make my boys eat them
But getting some extra in is always a plus

Even if you don't sneak in the veggies
 The recipes are pretty yummy
And kid friendly

Which I certainly need at Casa de Lenz
I stopped cooking meals for so long
 with Mark's travel and them him living in another state
Plus the boys never eat much
And I got kind of tired of pureeing fruits and veggies

But now that Christian is eating baby food
I just use it
Such a cheater, I know

I tried making homemade baby food with Connor and it was fun
For a while
I gave that up with #2 and with #3
Not a chance

So no peanut butter chocolate dip for "Kis Kis"
(as Colton calls him)
But the veggies he had must have been pretty yummy

How do some kids never make a mess when they eat?
We go through at least 2 spoons, 2 bibs, 1 shirt, and half a dozen paper towels
All my boys have been this messy
OK, so maybe it's just me
Whoops!!!

Hope your week is well
I'm still hanging pictures
Almost done though!!!

2 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

I think I would be the same way. Make my own baby food until the 2nd..
cute boys and that cookbook looks darling!

SASS said...

A fingerlick or two?! I'd be having a lot more than that!! Yum! I remember seeing Jessica Seinfeld on the Today show years ago for that book and I always hoped I'd remember it for when I had kids. So sneaky! And, I don't know who your friends are, but I've never NOT seen a beebee make a ginormous mess while eating ;)