Friday, May 6, 2011

Coming Up

This weekend is all about me!!!!!
double time
Not only is it mother's day
but
it's my 6 year anniversary

We usually go out to dinner
and buy each other a gift
based on the "traditional" list
with a $20-30 limit
Kind of makes you think

This year we decided to skip dinner
by the time you eat nice and  pay a sitter
you're out $200
plus I'm trying to watch what I eat
and since this year is iron
we thought we would put our money together
and buy a fire pit for the deck
It's not really iron
but close enough

trouble is....
I'm not sure I really want that
We have several outside areas
and I am having a hard time sorting them in my mind
we have a deck off the kitchen
the grill is there
we know we want that to be the grown up area
for now
it is on the second level 
and not safe for kids to be out unsupervised
off the family room we have a covered area
and and uncovered deck
we have a patio table on the covered section
and a lounge chair on the uncovered
all though I originally thought the dining table would be better
located off the kitchen
and a seating area on this side
since this is where we watch the kids play
either way
my table sucks
it is a Pottery Barn piece of crap
which pains me to say
because if you know me
you know that is my fave store
it's warped and cracked 
and looks 142 years old
it's 2 years old
but looked that way within 3 months
thanks Texas sun
so I really want a new table

so on my agenda tomorrow 
convincing Mark I need a new table
I actually found a nice, plain one at Target
my second fave store
for just a couple hundred dollars
we're saving all this money not going out to eat 
right?

also tomorrow
the LAST soccer game of the season
YAY!
such a beating
I am not a good soccer mom

The arts festival is happening in town this weekend
I would love to squeeze that in
and it might be possible 
since it's all about me
(and sort-of Mark)

We got a yard guy
the neighbor's teenage kid
hey, he's half the price
and actually does a good job
and we have Mark back for those 8 hours 

Tonight is family game night
we are playing some Scooby Doo game
kind of like jenga
should be oodles of fun!

Hope your weekend plans are great
I am going to love on my boys
and be thankful for being their mom
love on my mom
and be grateful for her being mine
(via phone and skype)
and love on my hubbs
and let him be grateful I chose him!





5 comments:

starnes family said...

I'm sure you know this, but you should return your table from PB. Allyson called/emailed with her concerns and they're replacing it completely. Worth a call! Hers was several years old, too.

Dee Stephens said...

Hope your get what you want! Happy Mom's Day!

donatelli98 said...

Hope you had a great weekend cous!!

SASS said...

Oh Jann. How I miss your sarcasm and lack of punctuation. Love the header pic!! Precious big boys.
I want a fire pit! For one reason: so I can smoke comfortably in the winter. I'm so WT.
XO

The Soladay Family said...

Hope you had a great Mother's Day weekend!

I can't believe how big your boys are getting!