Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gingerbread house




I wanted to do something fun with Connor in the kitchen, but since our Thanksgiving day cookies did not turn out so well I thought we should try something different. I opted for a gingerbread house, here on out to be referred to as the ginger-MAN house because that is what Connor calls it. The kit comes with everything you need.... the frame of the house, icing to make everything stick, and lots and lots of candy for decorating. Connor would eat a piece, stick a piece. Normally that would be alright. When you are 2 that equals HYPER. I put the house together and lined the roof with the straws (of sugar). Other than that, it was all Connor. He even applied some of the icing. So if the pictures are not proof enough, I will let you in on a little secret. I am (was) a ginger-MAN house making virgin. So pair me with a 2 year old hyped up on pure sugar sweet tarts and you get a not so cute house. First the turkey cookies and now this. I certainly do not live up to my maiden name, Baker. I have some practicing to do. To bad we only do this once a year. Connor will be a teenager before our projects look normal. For now I just have to worry about how to talk him out of wanting to eat it. But Connor did have a blast and that is all that matters. And don't worry, I won't be making anyone any birthday cakes anytime soon.




On Connor's last day of school this past Friday he made a Christmas tree out of an ice cream cone and green icing. It was cute, and looked much easier than the house we made. Why didn't I think of that one? He wanted to eat that one too. Mark came back in the house today after loading the car because he forgot something. Frisco had that "look" and his tail was tucked so far between his legs he could barely walk. Needless to say, the only thing left of that Christmas tree was a few pieces of the aluminum foil it was placed on!!! I guess I don't have to worry about Connor eating it now.

No comments: