Monday, February 9, 2009

Day 1




The painters started today on the kitchen. We are having texture done over the old wallpaper and then painted. I am not sure how I thought it would happen, but it certainly wasn't what I encountered. They had everything covered and taped, which I suppose is a good thing. I can't open a cabinet or cook on the stove, crap! I was so looking forward to cooking a great dinner....yeah right. You know me, I am quite the chef. After I picked up the boys from school, we went down to Beth's house to hang out (since we couldn't really go home) and to do laundry (oh yeah the dryer is broken). I took Connor and Colton out for dinner. I am still pondering breakfast tomorrow since the kitchen table is covered in the middle of the living room. At least they moved the fridge back so you open the door.
Eventually we will paint the cabinets and put in new counter tops. We are starting with just the paint. This house did not come with a money tree in the back yard. We are also changing the light fixtures. I can't wait to see it all complete. Hopefully it will only take 3-4 days. I will keep you up to date this week....well maybe! We'll see how it goes.

No comments: