Monday, June 14, 2010

OKC Update

First of all let me say, MY WORD, what is in the air? I am still freaking exhausted!!! I even slept on the couch this morning while the boys played. I know, I know, that was a terrible decision, but I could not hold my eyes open. I am the pregnant kind of tired. But NO that is not the reason, that would be impossible!

So last week Mark came home on Tuesday night to get some papers he needed and then went back to OKC on Wednesday morning and took Connor with him. The other boys, dogs, and I were going to come up on Thursday. But the house was clean and I did not want to mess it up, and secretly I really missed my Connor. So we went up on Wednesday afternoon.

I really should have followed my gut and turned the car around and headed back to Texas because poor Christian had a cough that was getting worse with each hack. But the inspection for Mark's  our new house was Thursday and I really wanted to take another look around and some measurements. I need to get the decorative aspect of things rolling in my head.

So Thursday we went to the inspection, which was fine. Only a few minor things to be fixed. Don't tell, but quietly I was praying for a major issue. It didn't happen, so maybe that was the answer to my prayers? Time to get over it I guess.

By Thursday afternoon, Christian sounded scary. So I called the pediatrician and the nurse told me to have him looked at. Friday morning I started calling around to doctors. I was able to get him into one for the afternoon. But in my attempt to find a Starbucks with WIFI, I drove past a "quack shack" or "doc in a box" and it looked decent. So I went in. So 2 hours, a chest x-ray, and a ton of money later my baby Christian has bronchitis (or so the dr says). 

And to make it an even better day, I had decided to drop my truck off at the service place to have the back lift gate fixed, it had gone out a couple of days before. It is so rare that Mark and I are with each other so that I could drive his truck for the day, I thought I'd better take advantage of the situation. So while I was at the doc FOREVA, he and the big boys were waiting on me at YMCA to come and pick them up. 

When he finally got home (and by home I mean the apartment he has) from work he told me I needed to head back to Texas ASAP because we had a lease offer on our house. And they want to move in July 1st!!!

I would so rather sell and be done with the stress, but this will work. Then in a year maybe the market will be better and we can not lose money on the deal?! So I am frantically packing, moving up our movers to a sooner date, planning last minute play dates, and shutting off and turning on new services. Or so I am suppose to be. I spent my morning on the couch. But now I am drinking a Coke and hope to get busy PRONTO!!!

And BTW, Christian is still coughing but is a million times better. Except for his still waking up to nurse at night now. I think he got used to it during the few days he could not sleep! Old habits die hard I guess!

So there is my update. I am stressed and scared and nervous and truly sad, but at the same time excited and can't wait for it to be here.


Dee Stephens said...

YAY!! on the house! I know what you mean.. we would have loved to sell my place but renting works until this market improves(hopefully it will).
Hope everyone feels better and hugs and prayers that it all goes smoothley!

BrownEyedGirlsMom said...

Glad to hear the good news about the lease! Wish I lived closer to come over and help you pack! Glad Christian is feeling better too! Miss you!