Tuesday, June 8, 2010

SUPERSTARS


OK, so I will never be the mom of an Oscar winner or my son's date when he walks the red carpet
My boys are not so fond of performing in front of a live audience unless highly bribed
Even then it only works with Connor
(Colton is standing right in the middle, in the above picture, with the striped shirt and his hands politely in his pockets, where they remained the ENTIRE time)


The last day of school was pretty emotional for me
(and Colton too, pictured above with his teacher Ms. Vicki)


It was a patriotic theme which moves me to tears anyway, even when sung by 4 and 5 year olds
But knowing this was the last time we would be at the preschool I LOVED was really hard
Saying good-bye to fabulous teachers and friends who have truly found a place in our family's heart

It is the end to one chapter of lives and is becoming very real and bitter sweet to me
I don't know how Casey goes through it with such grace

So here is a short video of Connor singing. I mentioned he was bribed. I told him if he sang the loudest he could get a toy from Target. He did, and he did! He has never performed this well. Normally he stands around like Colton was. There is hope for my boy yet!!

They also sang, among other patriotic tunes, God Bless America
You know it:
from the mountains, to the valleys
to the oceans, white with foam
OR 
connor's version
to the oceans, right before

And my little one decked out in his red, white, and blue too

God Bless America
and
Bright Beginnings Preschool

3 comments:

starnes family said...

Oh, thanks, Jann! I have dark days, too. Oddly enough, I just wrote about them today for the first time!

donatelli98 said...

Love Christian's smile in the last picture!

Dee Stephens said...

Catching up now that we're back. Love that picture of Connor with the flag! I get moved by patriotic tunes too!