Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Dallas Visit-Phase 1

Packed the bags

Loaded the car
Picked up Con from school
Ready to go
Dallas Bound

We actually made great time
It's an easy drive
And now that the boys have their headphones,
A peaceful one

We decided to eat dinner at the hotel restaurant
Me at a restaurant with 3 boys
Alone
And it's not McDonalds or Chick-Fil-A
SCARYVILLE


The boys did GREAT
Damn I'm good

Now up to the room for bed
I got everyone to sleep
Unfortunately....
not everyone stayed asleep
Christian either does not like strange places
or sleeping in his play pen
It was a loooonnnnnggg night

But our first full day "home" was spent with Ben
Connor's bestie soul mate
These 2 are inseparable
We spent the entire day with this beautiful family
The big boys were non stop
And sweet Sophia being all girly and motherly took care of Christian

I put Christian down for a nap in Samantha's room
Went in to check on him and found 
 He had opened Sam's drawers and pulled out clothes
 After about an hour of quiet play
He finally fell asleep


Back at the hotel 
I bathed the little boys
 I sweetly remembered it was at this very same hotel 
that Christian had his very first "big boy" bath
And now I can barely control him in the tub
I know my sis just puked a little in her mouth at the thought of hotel bathtub
Don't worry
I washed the germs off
See
Christian is having fun
It's all good

But better than the tub....
The cool air blowing those little blondie hairs

Sam brought Con to the hotel around 8
She heard the other ones crying screaming
And refused to leave
She climbed right up into the bed with Colton 
And calmed him down
Now that's a friend folks!

It was 9:30 before the little ones were asleep
And a couple of hours later
Christian was up again
For the night
It was then that I swore I was never traveling alone with them again
EVER

But I am sure I will
Phase 2 of our trip later

4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

Brave woman you! I'm with your sis on the hotel tubs :(

donatelli98 said...

Yeah hotel tubs = gross! I bathed the girls in one once but that was it. So nice of Sam to hang out with you!

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

Sounds like you did a great job - I can't imagine traveling alone with kids!

starnes family said...

I'm dying over the drawers. He was just looking for something to wear!

LOVE his little booty sticking up in the play pen.

Your boys are a hoot!