Wednesday, September 8, 2010

News Talk

I don't usually talk politics
or news
or religion
too much
here or in general
mainly because I don't like it when people disagree with me
And I don't have the chance to stay on top of the news 100%

But this morning I was able to catch a few minutes
of some stories
And I am livid
LIVID
that is such a fun word
just kind of rolls off the tongue

So, pissy point number 1
The muslim mosque proposal for Ground Zero
SERIOUSLY??
Who in their right mind would ever think this to be appropriate
You don't have to believe in my God
You don't have to believe in any God
That is the this great right we have in America called
FREEDOM
But lets face facts
Faith and belief in 
the Father
the Son
and the Holy Spirit
are the foundation of our country
and certainly a majority belief here
So why build a temple for those few who believe in something different
The same "higher power" to those of the ones who caused
Ground Zero
Just Saying


Pissy point number two
This preacher who wants to burn the muslim's holy book
For REAL??
You know,
I have some pretty un-Godly things to say about
those "out of towners" and their beliefs
But I don't
(very often anyway)
All you can do is pray for them
But a preacher wanting to burn their book?
That does not sound very Christian-like to me

So some good news
I heard this story the other morning
This is a story of God's work
BEAUTIFUL


4 comments:

donatelli98 said...

You're preaching to the choir cousin. Anytime you want to rant feel free to come my way ... I have a rant too about something but the person reads my blog so I am not sure I can say anything!

starnes family said...

Agreed! Love your politics.

Dee Stephens said...

Agreed as well! YOu know where I stand!

Coco said...

Totally agree. This isn't about hating Muslims or being un-American, it is about RESPECT.
Period. The End.

Idiots.