Friday, April 22, 2011

KARMA

Do you believe?
Do you think good things happen to you because you are a good person?
Or is it all part of God's plan for our life
or did we make a choice that was not part of God's plan
and then things happened because of that?
or maybe you didn't pray enough?

Obviously it's not all about karma. Otherwise nice people would never get sick or loose a job or suffer the loss of a loved one. And I am not talking all "negative nelly" here. I am in a good place right now. But here is what got me thinking....

Our TX neighbors started building a house a couple of months ago. They put their current house on the market last week and it sold , in days. Now let me start by saying how great these people are. They are one of the kindest and sweetest families I have ever met. We were so lucky to have them as neighbors when we did. Now our house was/is on the other side of the street and it backs up to a fairly busy road. So it makes me wonder about our house. We can't change the location, but what else was/is it? The price? The staging? The old kitchen? The market? Our house was on the market for 6 months until we finally decided to lease it out. Now we are in negotiations with the renters for another year. We have about 10 days for a final decision-are they going to lease again or do we go back on the market.

So I go back to my karma and prayer thoughts.
Maybe I have not prayed hard enough or long enough or loud enough. Maybe it's me not being as nice as I should be. All those bad "people watching" moments I've had. Are they coming back to bite me in the rear? How could paying 2 mortgages in a poor economy be a part of God's ultimate plan for my family?

Good things happen to bad people. And bad things happen to good people. But WHY?

I am having way too many deep thoughts on my Friday evening. This is what happens when you haven't slept in a couple of days and your kids are wearing you out. See there is bad karma. What kind of mom talks about her kids that way? That's a whole other post for another Friday night.

1 comment:

Momma to the A's said...

I wonder about that same thing... Karma. Mine lately has been about the whole renting thing. We have been in 3 rent houses in the last 3 years, and have been in a total of 5 rent houses in the last 9 years. We take care of the houses we rent like they are our own. When we go to move out, we patch all the holes and paint over them and any scuff marks we make. I hire professional cleaners to come in and clean the place from top to bottom. The people who rented our house the last 2 1/2 years TORE IT UP! I cried when I walked in!! I love this house and the whole reason we decided not to sell it when we left. I knew one day I would come back to it. There was so much damage I can't possibly list it all. We have been working on it since the middle of Feb. and probably won't be done until June. Of course we are doing most of the work ourselves to save money, so that slows it WAY down! EVERY piece of flooring had to be replaced! So... I wonder why? I took excellent care of other people's houses why was that courtesy not returned to me?

BUT... I do truly believe that God has a plan and everything happens for a reason. I am trying to believe that this is God's way of helping me get my house COMPLETELY updated! I know it is hard to think positive when you are stuck in the position you are in. Things will work out as they should; just keep your faith!