Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bummer of a Boomer Weekend

Well it was a bummer of weekend for the Boomer Sooner fans!! The QB got hurt, again, very early in the game. I guess the good news is neither team played very well, so at least it wasn't a killin'. And I must say, Mark handled it very well. I was actually quite impressed and enjoyed watching the game with him. OK, so I didn't actually watch all that much. It mostly consisted of Linda and I sitting on the couch talking and Mark pacing the floor. Connor even chose to go upstairs and watch Spider Man. He wore his clothes and yelled the occasional "Boomer Sooner", but he still has his limits and PRIORITIES. Colton was just running around.
Linda and I took the boys to Calloways to get some flowers after the game so that Mark could wallow in his misery alone for a bit....and cut the grass. I'm such a good wife.



And the boys did get their pumpkins painted that morning before kick off.

Colton does not look pleased in this picture-not sure what that is about. He just does not really get the painting thing yet. He prefers to just smear it on his hands. It's washable!!!
I did forget to snap photos during the game. But I must share a recipe. Linda brought over Buffalo Chicken Dip. It tastes just like Buffalo wings without the bone. It has just the right amount of heat to give pregos here major heartburn, but it is so yummy!!! Perfect for game watching!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Ingredients:
2 (10) oz cans chunk chicken, drained
2 (8) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
crackers, chips, celery, and carrots for dipping
Directions:
mix chicken, cream cheese, ranch, hot sauce, and 1/2 of shredded cheddar cheese.
Heat:
crock pot mini on low until warm or
oven 350F for 20 minutes or
microwave for 2 minutes
it's also good cold
Sprinkle other 1/2 of cheese on tip at the last few minutes just to melt
Other than the football loss, it was a great weekend. The weather was beautiful. I was off work on Sunday (with out asking for it). My MIL took the boys for a few hours so Mark and I could get a few things done around the house. I needed his muscles to move some boxes and get baby stuff out of the attic. What can I say, I'm nesting! But we got it done. As soon as I get it all washed up, I will be good to go. I am looking forward to this weekend too. The Blue Angels are in Ft. Worth so we are going. I hope the boys like their first air show. I have such special memories of going to them with my dad.





4 comments:

Dee Stephens said...

The boys are cuties! Wish I had a pumpkin right now.
I so with an air show would come here. Would love to go to one.
I have to say - B and I were rooting for the Sooners too.
Even with the move - all he could think about was being done by noon our time to watch. I was like WTF! We have things to do!
During it all we manage to watch though.
The game I ticked about was Florida vs. Arkansas!!!!!!!!!!! Wish the Hogs would have won!
BTW - that dip looks like a hot one to me?? Not sure about the buffalo sauce?

donatelli98 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LADY!!!!! I hope you had a good one! Thanks for the recipe - I might try it this weekend. How are you feeling? Let me know what you need babywise (i.e. clothes and/or stuff)...

Dee Stephens said...

Happy Birthday!

starnes family said...

Yes, Happy Birthday!

The dip sounds good. I've made your enchiladas, oh, at least a dozen times (once for Caroline's boyfriend and also for a new mommy here in my class). I'll be sure to try this, too!