Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break-Day 1

By the end of Monday I was kicking myself for not having a better plan for Spring Break. It's not like it snuck up on me, I knew it was coming for months. Partially I was waiting to decide when we are taking the boys to Memphis for a visit and Mark has a big trip this week. Anyway here it is and we are unprepared so I am trying to get in some play dates and enjoy the sun that we so missed last week.

We got up and went to the gym as usual, but stayed a little longer since I did not have to rush out of there to get the boys to school. Then we went to Chick-Filet for lunch. The boys were playing nicely when Colton had a nasty diaper. The unprepared mom that I was yesterday had no wipes so we had to leave.

Connor at the park-in a diaper and t-shirt because he had an accident (that's an entire blog entry on it's on that I will have to vent about later). We went there to meet Nathan and Cody but also saw Ilan and Castel. All 6 boys had a good time in the sand.

During nap time, obviously Connor was not sleeping, I heard this horrible cry. When I get to the stairs Connor is on the landing crying because he can't get the sweatshirt on (or off, not sure which he was going for here). I was laughing and had to run grab the camera before I could help-I know good mom right? That's what happens when you change clothes 18 times a day.

Here is one of the 6, literally, pairs of pants he put on Monday. He never changed his shirt because it was Cars. One day soon I am going to photograph him from bedtime to bedtime so I can have proof of how many times he changes.


About 5 this morning, the screaming cry came out of Connor's room. I run up there afraid that he has fallen out of bed, had a bad dream, or thrown up. No...he just panicked because he couldn't get his 3rd pair of pants on because they were inside out, which sometimes bothers him. I put him to bed in matching pj's. When I checked on him before I went to sleep he was wearing the same shirt but no diaper and pants. This time he took off his pants to go potty and that's when he had trouble with the next pair.
He also woke up with a slight cold so maybe it's best we don't have too many plans. Let's hope we caught this early because Colton has been sick enough for both lately.

No comments: