Tuesday, August 25, 2009

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to

OK, so it wasn't my party, but I did shed a little internal tear. It was Mark's birthday last Tuesday and he was out of town so we had our family celebration on Thursday. I made chicken enchiladas (using a recipe I got from Rhonda because hers are so stinking good you would never want to eat out again). I also made a cheesecake and we had an actual family dinner! All of us eating together is truly a special treat given Mark's work and travel schedule. (I always sit to eat with the boys because I think starting those important family values now can only strengthen our relationships. But all of us together-I LOVE IT!) I was so excited about dinner and the gift. We got Mark some golf balls and a gift certificate to play some golf. I feel like he never gets anything from me that is just about him. The boys and I worked all afternoon on our dinner and dessert.
Ok so I burnt the top just a little, but I thought they were great...not near as good as Rhonda's of course, but pretty good for my first time. Mark ate a couple of bites and said "these are good" and it was followed up by "different, but good".
And ego deflated!!!!
I heard-thanks for waisting your afternoon and I hope you like them because you will be eating the leftovers. Which I did, all though he did eat a couple too. I know he did not mean it in a negative way. He's just not that into food, unlike me who can savor flavors and crave a great meal.
My cheesecake, however, did suck. At the last minute the boys and I ran to Kroger and grabbed a cupcake, just big enough for the 4 of us. It wasn't that great either.

Good thing everybody loves icing




This weekend it was our nephew Carson's 1st birthday party. August has been a busy month for us with party's and we have 2 more this weekend.


Carson is so cute and chunky-you could just cuddle him up. He weighs more that Colton who is 9 months older.










Carson and daddy Jon, Mark's little brother





Connor and Pappa Lou enjoying some cake








2 comments:

starnes family said...

OH, they look delicious! Send me the recipe!

Dee Stephens said...

Yes, send it to me too! Love me some enchiladas but haven't made them in a long time!