Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lessons Learned

Well I learned several things on our very last minute, impromptu trip to San Antonio.....
-Spontaneity can be fun, but I am definitely a planner
-I really wish I had that camera I cannot afford (taking pictures of jumping whales is like taking pictures of toddlers-impossible, the same goes for football players)
-It is impossible to read or sleep in the car with awake kids, they (OK really just Connor) talk non-stop. And when they slept, Mark actually wanted to talk (it doesn't happen very often so I had to take advantage)
-Football practice is a million times worse than football games
-Watching football practice-impossible with toddlers. Mark did go back a second time by himself-I figured since that was the reasoning behind the trip, I should let him watch right?
-I hate riding with Mark (well this is no new lesson learned-I have known this since day 1).He either has the radio off or on some BS talk/sports station that is like nails on a chalkboard to me!


Mark made phone calls for most of the drive-shocker!! At least he did not work while we were there other than 30 minutes of so each morning to check email. That is miraculous for him!!

A little bit of snacks




A VERY little bit of sleeping





I meant it about the camera not being good for football pictures


The training camp was not at all what I thought it was going to be. It was little groups going all over the field-BORING! But as long as Mark enjoyed it, that's what matters.




Daddy and the boys







5 comments:

starnes family said...

Proud of you! We learn valuable lessons on each of our trips. Keep gathering information....every one gets easier....just don't stop going!

Amy Sumner said...

No Sea World pics?

Dee Stephens said...

Too funny! Brad is the same way about the radio when it comes to traveling. Sports talk radio... ugh..
I like football and all but after a while that talk radio thing drives me NUTZ!!

If the shoe FITZ said...

just back from San Antonio myself. We listen to Sports Talk too. Jann, I am assuming you/he listens to The Ticket when home? Michael downloads podcasts and we listen on the ipod the whole way down!

Jake & Delila said...

Weren't you scared? Mark driving with his eyes closed and all? (That picture cracks me up! He looks like he's sound asleep.)